Author Topic: Power Wheelchair Needed!  (Read 10619 times)

ankhe

Power Wheelchair Needed!
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »
This is an open letter to all members of the "Safelists & Forums" I'm a member of: My name is Dan Crowder (ankhe) from Ft. Wayne, Indiana and I need a power wheelchair with an adjustable back (reclines like a "gerrychair" or recliner) immediately.  In Aug of '06 I became totally disabled from the duties of my job (Certified Nurses Assistant) and the  company I worked for did not have insurance for us so we have been living on SS Disability and getting health care thru the V.A. My condition has gone downhill to the point I cannot stand without support and sitting in a regular wheelchair or scooter causes extreme pain so I am stuck at home either in a recliner or hospital bed about 99% of the time. According to the V.A. I have 5 ruptured spinal discs, 4 buldging discs, severe advanced degenerative disc disease and both hips are completely gone (bone on bone) and even with the drugs they have me on the pain can be completely overwhelming most of the time. The only rellief is the recliner which gets the pressure off the affected area or bed, neither of them can get me out of the house. Before everyone tells me tales of people alot worse off than me I agree with you but that is not the point and I do not want this to become a "pissin'" contest, just help! I have no way to buy a power wheelchair on my disability pay and when I asked my V.A. Doctor for one she told me I had already received too much from V.A. so the answer was NO. I spent 7 yrs 9 mo on active duty in the Army and 2 yrs in Vietnam but that makes no difference to them so I'm asking anyone that knows of a free power wheelchair to let me know. I apologize for bothering everyone with this but I'm fresh out of ideas and this is kind of a last resort!  Thank you for your patience, Dan  dan_crowder3@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 07:44:56 PM by Admin »

1,000 Leads Daily - 3 Day Risk Free Trial

Business Opportunity Leads!

Offline Charles & Susan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Resell Rights
Re: Power Wheelchair Needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 05:13:18 PM »
Hi Dan,

We are really sorry to hear about your condition.
As a veteran of the armed forces this country should
step up to the plate and give you a power chair for free.

Have you tried:

http://www.thescooterstore.com

Maybe they can help.

Also you can try Disabled Vets here:

http://www.dav.org/

One more thing, Hoveround claims that 9 out of 10 pay little
or nothing for their power chairs.

There website is at:

http://www.hoveround.com/

We hope this helps and good luck.

We are also going to sticky this topic in hopes of getting more
exposure and hopefully some help.

Regards,
Charles & Susan

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:47:30 PM by Admin »

glchandler

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:08 PM »
Don't know if you are still on forum but there is another $$$ opportunity for you.  If you  are 100%disabled with NON_SERVICE_CONNECTED disability the VA has a program (pension) that can give you a few more $$$.

Give the DVA in your area a call and they will get you started---info also available at the VA.com site

gordon

Acero

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
I am very disturbed with your condition. You are surely a dedicated member of the Armed Forces before and deserve better treatment. I think the Government must provide your power wheelchair.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:41:29 AM by Acero »

slicegan2

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 02:30:59 AM »
Your Medicare plan rents the equipment from a supplier who is contracted with Medicare. To qualify for a power wheelchair through your Medicare plan, my mother's doctor required that she had to have arm or hand problems. She didn't so she got only a regular wheelchair.

Under Medicaid, I am pretty sure you cannot get a power wheelchair unless you are a paraplegic or severely handicapped or a real medical necessity. Who do you know has a free power wheelchair? She or he may have gotten one donated from a charity.
================

Insurance | Accident Insurance

1,000 Leads Daily - 3 Day Risk Free Trial

Business Opportunity Leads!

P.S. Do you want to see how we made $14,178.00 Dollars Last Month?

Click Here For All The Info!

Free Advertising Forum Post Ads Online