Author Topic: Riding the Lines  (Read 1918 times)

jack01

Riding the Lines
« on: December 02, 2008, 04:06:37 AM »
I had a huge cramp in my right arm.  Feeling like a long-term arthritis patient, I sat up straight in my computer chair and stretched.  For two weeks now I had been searching for the near-perfect anniversary gift for my husband of 5 years.  I knew one thing for sure; I wanted to take him to a concert.  Beyond this, I was utterly clueless as to whom.

We seemed too old to be attending the out-of-control alternative rock concerts we once attended when dating.  However, we weren’t going to be qualifying for the early bird dinner in the next few decades either.   This is where I was stuck.  Yearning for the perfect artist to celebrate our anniversary with, I had spent every moment I had alone on the computer looking for that perfect voice.  I had listened to a myriad of different artists’ music that were coming to town, yet found nothing that fit.

Exasperated, I wandered into the kitchen and filled the tea kettle.  I plunked down at the table and picked up the Sunday paper after turning the knob to high.  The entertainment section grabbed my attention immediately and I began to skim the pages.  My eyes settled on a rave review of a touring artist named Shaun Barrowes.

“Big Bang Theory’s tunes range from energetic, swinging numbers (“Hop, Skip and a Jump”) to poignant ballads (“In My Back Pocket” and “I Still Loved You”) to such romantic offerings as “When I Take Your Hand.” During a recent appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres show, Celine Dion, who is certainly no stranger to well crafted songs, said that hearing "When I Take Your Hand" made her want to renew her wedding vows.”

This is the concert I wanted!  Someone who could tap into energetic hip music, while offering a romantic side at the same time.  Shaun Barrowes sounded almost too perfect.  I yanked open my cupboard and grabbed the yellow pages.  I wanted tickets and was prepared to offer any amount of money to get them. 

A week later, we sat among thousands of energetic fans of all ages.  As Shaun and his back up band entertained us all, I realized the review was spot on.  Shaun Barrowes music offered everything it had promised.  I couldn’t put a specific label on it, which I liked.  The word that came to mind the whole night was "refreshing".  It was definitely a relief to find someone who didn’t fit into one specific area of music, but bravely rode the lines of several different genres.     

Shaun Barrowes and his fans. His music offered everything it had promised and lots of energetic fans of all ages of him. The most swinging number "When I Take Your Hand" as Wedding Songs.

1,000 Leads Daily - 3 Day Risk Free Trial

Business Opportunity Leads!

P.S. Do you want to see how we made $14,178.00 Dollars Last Month?

Click Here For All The Info!

Free Advertising Forum Post Ads Online