Author Topic: Tommy Hill Advertising Is About Ideas  (Read 5065 times)

Toplap

Tommy Hill Advertising Is About Ideas
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:15:22 PM »
Actor Jack Lemmon, a very average-looking guy, was said to inspire himself to rise above the ordinary by repeating a simple phrase just before he went in front of the cameras. He’d snap his fingers and say, “OK. Magic time!”
The magic of an idea is what lifts some advertising above the ordinary. No amount of dazzling production technique can cover up the absence of an underlying idea.
People try to analyze and define the creative process, with varying degrees of success.
“I’m supposed to be the number one creative genius in the whole wide world,” said David Ogilvy in a 1991 speech to the Association of National Advertisers, “and I don’t even know what the hell the word ‘creativity’ means.”
What we know is that ideas are precious. They are hard to come by, fragile when young, powerful when established. They change perceptions, command loyalty (and attract imitators), and build brands. http://laptop.bundleprofits.com/TrafficSecrets Advertising is a business of ideas. Whether or not you consider yourself creative, you must respect the creative process and understand how to work with – and inspire creative people.
It’s far better if you can contribute rather than backing away with the excuse “I’m not creative.”

The people you think of as “Creative types,” like writers, artists, and advertising people, are mostly in the business of executing ideas.

I don’t mean to imply that we are all equal when it comes to grabbing hold of good basic ideas. But we are all more equal than we think.

Sure, there are some people who just plain excel in the area of ideas. They seem to start with a God-given ability to recognize every little spark that occurs and grab hold of it.
They don’t necessarily write, draw, make up songs, or design clothes. They could just as easily be your electrician or the person who sold you your last car as the creative director who was your best friend growing up.

You may never be their equal, but you can develop the ‘know-how’ to be better than you are right now.

The business of ideas – inspiring them in others and contributing – has several parts.
Understanding where ideas come from. Recognizing how to protect them when they are young. Creating an environment in which they grow.
Developing your own ability to personally generate ideas. 

The article is brought to you by Tommy Hill at:
OPPA Marketing (Organize Planning Preparation Action)
About the Author: Tommy Hill has been in advertising and
marketing for the last several years. He is a full time Home
Business Professional. For more information please visit

http://laptop.bundleprofits.com/TrafficSecrets

1,000 Leads Daily - 3 Day Risk Free Trial

Business Opportunity Leads!

P.S. Do you want to see how we made $14,178.00 Dollars Last Month?

Click Here For All The Info!

Free Advertising Forum Post Ads Online